Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page > Seychelles sailing trip in mid-August. Anyone interested in joining?

Seychelles sailing trip in mid-August. Anyone interested in joining?

Jul 6th, 2014, 12:52 PM
Original Poster

Seychelles sailing trip in mid-August. Anyone interested in joining?

Hi folks,

I'm organizing a sailing vacation trip in Seychelles in mid-August and am looking for people to join. It'll be on a 46' luxury catamaran/sailboat for 1 week cruising around the islands, snorkeling and adventuring. This'll be the trip of a lifetime on an amazing boat. I was able to get a steep discount on the charter through business contacts - price would be roughly $600 per person when we split the cost.

I have 3 people so far and we're looking for about 4 more people to join. This would be a photo-centric trip, so if you're interested in photography, all the better!

Please message me if you're interested, and I will send more details ASAP.

Thanks!
Jul 8th, 2014, 11:54 AM

Most would think I'd be the last to say 'reconsider.'
Why? Though these islands are a 'thousand miles from anywhere' it's not unusual for those darn Somalis to head out to sea seeking a private boat.

Suggest you have a specific route, staying close to the main islands. Inasmuch as the SEZ consist of close to 1,000 islands, I wouldn't be sailing to far afield (regardless how tempted) and be sure that you are constantly in contact with the rental company, so someone knows exactly where you are daily and a few times daily.

If these bastards can get hold of a large container ship (Captain Philips) and I believe a UK couple doing a RTW on private yacht and don't recall the status of them after their boat was taken... just be careful.

Search this Thread