Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Africa & the Middle East (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/)
-   -   Seychelles - L'Archipel or Lemuria? (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/seychelles-larchipel-or-lemuria-77909/)

Melissa Jun 30th, 2000 10:03 AM

Seychelles - L'Archipel or Lemuria?

In the Seychelles, on the island of Praslin, we are trying to decide where to stay. The new hotel "Lemuria" looks fabulous on the web - but pricey. Would love to know about L'archipel too. Any special places/things to check out there?

Regina Jul 4th, 2000 03:50 PM

Hi Melissa: <BR>My husband and I just returned from the Seychelles and Kenya. We met a couple who stayed in Lemuria and they weren't too happy about being on the west side of Praslin because it is not possible to swim there from April through October, place is too far away from anything and a beach is so tiny. I am not certain about L'Archipel. Looks OK from the outside. We stayed at the Cafe des Arts. Right on the long beach and across from St. Pierre where we found the best snorkeling. It was a fantastic place and one day we will stay there again. Only 700 rupees per night and a simple breakfast is included. As you already know the Seychelles is an expensive destination but it is a magical place. Before I forget: you will get the best exchange rate for the American Express Traveler's Cheques. There is so much to see and do. We love birds and visiting Cousin from Praslin and Arid Island from La Digue must be included in any itinerary of those who are interested in nature. We love La Digue Island Lodge and activites there are included in the price of the room. Snorkeling at Cocco and Felicite, another trip to Sisters, and Sunset Cruise every other evening. Food was great and people very accommodating. Don't forget to take a picture of the unique Coco de Mer. Any other questions just ask.

Ladia May 6th, 2002 01:57 PM

Hi,<BR><BR>We want to go to Lemuria for our honeymoon. Would you recommend it?

Kate May 6th, 2002 04:31 PM

After our expensive trip I would not recommend Lemuria or Seychelles. There are better places for your honeymoon.

tivertonhouse Aug 30th, 2002 05:48 AM

Paul Turcotte,originally from Quebec, and his wife, an English painter, run Cafe des Arts on the Cote d'Or side of the island and are gracious,well-connected hosts. If you really must overspend on lodgings, the Italian-run Chauvre Souris islet off the beach is worth checking. L'Archipel is at the other end of the beach,and set above it, very French colonial in style,but a bit isolated.Anse Lazio and daytrips to La Digue are musts. Bring mosquito repellent.

traveler Aug 30th, 2002 06:41 AM

Tivertonhouse, maybe you do not have last information but Paul and his wife are not together for a few years already and Paul runs around with some young, different every few weeks, chicks. This place is not what used to be and it's not inexpensive anymore. <BR>Besides, Seychelles is highly overrated and mosquito are size of hummingbirds, coarl is dead and it is humid and hot most of the time. <BR>Your message sounds like advertisement, Tivertonhouse, otherwise why would you answer the post that was placed over two years ago? I think that Melissa got married by now and had her great honeymoon regardless where she stayed.

xxsolo Aug 30th, 2002 06:47 AM

Tiverton House, [email protected], is a member of the Caribbean Villa Owners and Agents Association <BR>So, as you see she/he is a travel agent

rosemary Aug 30th, 2002 02:16 PM

We honeymooned in the Seychelles and it was incredible!!! We stayed at Paradise Sun on Praslin which has a real laid back atmosphere and a gorgeous beach with lots of water sports. We also stayed at La Digue Island Lodge which was fabulous - great dining. La Digue is amazing - rent a bicyle and ride through the vanilla plantation to the beach called Anse Source d'Argent - spectacular~! - and DO NOT FORGET YOUR CAMERA!!!

Honeymooner Aug 31st, 2002 04:40 AM

Get you facts straight, Rosemary. You don't go through the vanilla plantation to Anse Source d'Argent.<BR>It is the coconut plantation<BR><BR>I agree that Seychelles is too expensive and overrated.