Seychelles

Oct 26th, 2001, 05:41 AM
Xav

Seychelles

We are going to the Seychelles end of November beginning of December. Can anyone tell us what type of weather we can expect, because we've had conflicting reports : some say there will be heavy tropical rains, some others say it will rain but just a little, and so on.
We are staying at the Ocean at la Digue, the Acajou at Praslin and haven't chosen anything yet for Mahe.
Any comments or suggestions are very welcome. Thanks in advance.

Oct 28th, 2001, 08:40 AM
bob

Hey Xav,
went there December a couple of years ago and experienced torrential rains and high winds, but was also told that it wasn't "normal". Still, Dec./Jan is the monsoon time with average 280 mm rainfall for the month!
Stayed at the Ocean in La Digue, which was okay, because we got a great rate of 68.00 or thereabouts. Didn't stay at Acajou but at L'Archipel, which was very good. Mahe was disappointing.
BTW, think you should chill... No reason to jump all over huh for asking a question, man!

Oct 28th, 2001, 11:16 AM
Monx

We love Mahe but we found a right place to stay. Great accommodation and only US $325 per night with breakfasts for two of us. The Ocean is a damp and we would never stay there. We stay on Felicite which may be compare to paradise. In Devember will be staying on Fregate. We go to the islands once a year and have some information but I think that your reaction Xav is not very inviting one.

Oct 29th, 2001, 12:10 PM
Xav

Thanks for the two previous answers. For your information, I only posted the first post. The rest were posted by a troll. I am a bit disappointed as I used to post on the Lonely Planet forum (which has loads of trolls but strictly no information on the Seychelles). I see you also have these trolls on Fodors. It's really a pity.

Search this Thread