Serengeti in June or July?

Jan 6th, 2006, 08:44 PM
santharamhari

Serengeti in June or July?

If i was to travel to the serengeti in June or July..........what is a good area to go to?

The only camps that interest me are Grumeti/kleins/Mbuzi Mawe? Any thoughts?

Jan 6th, 2006, 09:03 PM

See climbhighsleeplow's Serengeti Geometry:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...4&tid=34717659

You sound like a very experienced safari-goer (I envy you!), and like you know what you want. Maybe go in the second half of June and split your time between Mbuzi Mawe and Grumeti. I would imagine this June is booked solid.

Have you considered some of the semi-permanent camps? Kibo, EMC, Nomad, et al?
Jan 6th, 2006, 09:16 PM

Hi Hari nice to have an indian on the forum for a change.. Well i was in kirawira a serena property in june 2004. The main migration was very far south. I saw a huge herd in between seronera and kirawira. Go in july if the price is not important as june is low season and july is high season. I think u should go to the site www.go-safari.com, it is Eben's site and he has fantastic information about all the most luxurious lodges/ luxurious camps/ semi-permanent luxury camps/ budget lodges and camps. I found so many lodges and camps I had never heard about. There are lot many luxury lodges and camps other than the one's u mentioned above, u will really enjoy this site.Also ideas about private and public campsites. What type of itiernary are u planning and what is the main focus of your trip??? i could then advise u which area to go to and which season to go in for the optimum results.The migration of wildebeest depends on the rain fall. Sometimes they skip western serengeti altogether and go directly to northern serengeti.

Search this Thread