Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page > Selwyn, accommodations at Oudtshoorn, Boggoms Bay,etc.

Selwyn, accommodations at Oudtshoorn, Boggoms Bay,etc.

Aug 3rd, 2004, 07:31 AM
Original Poster

Selwyn, accommodations at Oudtshoorn, Boggoms Bay,etc.

Hello,
I've heard from La Plume, Rose Leigh, you said no to Shades of Africa---no vacancies. Haven't had any response from Rooderant Lodge. Everything is booked at Boggoms Bay through December. Have you heard of DeZeeKoe Guest Farm in Oudsthoorn? It sounds quite interesting and I believe they have vacancies? Don't know where to look around Boggoms/Mossel. any ideas? Thanks. Betty
Aug 3rd, 2004, 03:06 PM

Betty,

I have just put the phone down from Pieter Fourie at Rooderandt and he has told me that he has not received your mail. Can I repeat his email address to you as it is [email protected]

Pieter had told me that he has accommodation available over the December period and with that said, as I dont know exactly when you intend staying in Oudtshoorn, may I suggest that you write to him soonest, saying that you are writing to him via my referal. He will in turn do whatever he can to help you. Just to remind you the Rooderandt website is at www.oudtshoorn.com/rooderandt

I know De Zeekoe quite well and I would not place in it my top ten list. The accommodation is sort of OK and if you had to stay there I would definitely opt for one of the three lake houses.

If all the cottages in Boggoms Baai are full then I suppose you cant do much about this. If this is the case I would look towards staying in Glentana which is just outside Mossel Bay. (Note I am saying this purely because I think that you are visiting Botlierskop however if you are not visiting the game reserve then I would skip this completely and rather go stay in Knysna)

In Glentana I would look at the following places:

Albatross Guesthouse
http://www.gardenroute.co.za/wilder/...alba/index.htm

Melkhoutkloof
http://www.melkhoutkloof.co.za/

Bay Lodge on the Beach
http://www.bay-lodge.co.za/

I know Melkhoutkloof as I have stayed there once before and it is a good place to overnight. The hosts could actually become too overfriendly on occasions as they try so hard to please.

I only know the location of Albatross and I can assure you that it is stunning view wise. I unfortunately know nothing else of the guesthouse.

Bay Lodge on the Beach has a most spectacular setting view wise as it is on the beach. The rooms are average but very comfortable. The hosts are very hospitable

Hope this all helps.

Very proudly part of the wonderful nation of South Africa
Aug 5th, 2004, 11:28 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Selwyn. Was able to get reservations at Melhoutkloof and Rooderant. Thanks again. Betty

Search this Thread