Selous Game Reserve Accommodation

Feb 12th, 2005, 05:55 PM
Original Poster

Selous Game Reserve Accommodation

Selous Game Reserve in Tanzania:
Looking for the best accommodation in terms of game viewing and luxury.What do you suggest?Thanks
Feb 13th, 2005, 03:00 AM

hi, check out FOXES CAMPS TANZANIA.
i have not stayed in selous. i am sure it's as good as mikumi & ruaha.
cheers, david
Feb 13th, 2005, 04:02 AM
sandi

hamitzer -

Believe Sand River Camp* is the best in terms of luxury and services provided, though not in the class of Cottars or Bateleur (you had inquired about earlier). There is also Selous Safari Camp, previously a CCAfrica property, not owned by Selous Safari Group.
*not certain who owns Sand River Camp

Feb 15th, 2005, 11:57 PM
africa_lover

Hi Hamitzer,

We have stayed in Sand Rivers Lodge /Selous last July. It is really the most wonderful lodge in terms of game viewing, luxury, food etc. I cannot compare it to any other lodge, maybe Matetsi in Zimbabwe comes near in terms of accommodation, but again it is totally different. Every Room has an open view (no windows!) on the river. One night we were kept awake by hippo's fighting . The other nights (you should at least stay 3 nights there) were quite peaceful, nothing but the sounds of the bush. It is really the only place in Tanzania that I know of that gives you the feeling of "really being in the bush"
maybe you should ckeck out : www.intotanzania.com
that is where I got my info before I decided to stay at Sand Rivers.
I think intotanzania.com mentions that some rooms have better viewing than others. Check that out too, because it is true, our room had a tree in front that somewhat covered the view, the room of the kids and the one of our friends had great river views.
Do you want to see the pictures I took of the lodge? I took quite some, almost covered every angle (we're planning on building a pool house african style).
I think I can put them on the internet if interested.
Hilde

Search this Thread