SEEKING INFORMATION ON EGYPT TRAVEL (tour company)

Sep 7th, 2003, 09:31 AM
Original Poster

SEEKING INFORMATION ON EGYPT TRAVEL (tour company)

Hello. The official site of the Egyptian Ministry of Tourism http://www.egyptbot.com/ displays a few local tour companies, among them EGYPT TRAVEL. I am attracted by one of their offers, "Cruising the Nile", 8 days / 7 nights, from US$ 575. Has anybody booked this company ? What is your appreciation of it ? Thank you. Dilermando
Sep 7th, 2003, 11:36 AM
sandi

I checked the site and the price looks very tempting, however, the hotels are not those used my most tour operators - doubt they're in the 4* or 5* class, nor do they indicate which cruise ship.

In addition, you travel from Cairo to Aswan and return from Luxor to Cairo by train. Though the train is an overnighter, I would suggest you do it by air which can add about $300 to the price. They also do not do the tour to Abu Simbel which with air can run about $200 - $300.

I would go with MISR Travel, that friend's have used and been very satisfied. They use 5* hotels and cruise ships and the Abu Simbel extension is $190. They also fly from Cairo down the Nile and return. Their price is very competitive. Check it out.

Search this Thread