Seeking advice on King's Pool

Jan 3rd, 2006, 11:56 AM
Original Poster

Seeking advice on King's Pool

As we make final arrangements for a May/June safari to Botswana, does anyone have advice as to which tent to request at King's Pool? We may not have a choice, but I want to be prepared in case we do. Thanks in advance for your help!
Jan 3rd, 2006, 12:31 PM

Number 1 - honeymoon tent. Claw foot bath in addition to shower and furthest from communal areas. Also the hippos are loudest in the tents to the right of the main area (6-9) I believe.
Jan 3rd, 2006, 07:34 PM

We stayed in #9 last June which is the last tent at the opposite end of the main lounge area from #1 (that is, some tents are on the left of the communal area and some tents on the right). During the day, it was very nice as the elephants would wrap around the last tent and our sala getting to the river and were sometimes extremely close by. Also, a lot of fun watching the hippo action from our deck. However, just as Napamatt says, the tents at this end are very noisy at night (so loud all night long that I found sleeping difficult). So I would take up Napamatt's recomendation for #1.
Have a great trip and be sure to go the Hide.
Jan 4th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Original Poster

napamatt and brandywine: thanks so much for your impressions of the tents at King's Pool. I always enjoy reading your comments on the website : )

Search this Thread