Seeking advice for first time solo trip to Israel

Feb 5th, 2014, 06:56 PM
Original Poster

Seeking advice for first time solo trip to Israel

I hope to travel solo to Israel in September. I will be 62, female, experienced in solo travel throughout Europe, but a first timer to the Middle East. Ideally, I'd like to spend a few days in Tel Aviv, then pick up a tour to see places like Petra, Masada, Jordan and other sites yet to be determined, then spend a week self-guiding in Jerusalem. Can anyone suggest a company that might offer a weeklong package deal, or perhaps daily tours that I can pick up when I get there?

I'm early into the research part of this trip, so am very flexible as to where to go and stay, but am a budget traveler with moderate expectations regarding accommodations. I also don't need a particularly religious experience; I'm more interested in the history of the region. Since single supplements are often quite expensive, I would consider accepting a room mate.

Any recommendations are appreciated.
Feb 6th, 2014, 01:51 PM
Original Poster

Thanks. I'm onboard with all those suggestions which have served me well for years. My reason for reaching out for tour suggestions on this site is precisely in line with your recommendation that I schedule before leaving. Now, if anyone has suggestions for a tour company in Tel Aviv or Jerusalem, I would appreciate it.
Feb 6th, 2014, 05:16 PM

Can't help you with tour groups, but most of the sites you can do on your own. You can reach Masada by bus from Jerusalem. Or there are one day tours that go to Masada, Ein Gedi and the Dead Sea.

For Petra, you can cross the border at Aqaba and get a bus to Petra. It can be done on your own, or I'm sure there will be guides offering their services.

Search this Thread