See a weeks worth of game drives live on the TV

Old Nov 6th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
See a weeks worth of game drives live on the TV

Live Singita Wildlife Safaris Broadcast Globally on National Geographic TV

Premier South African safari brand Singita Game Reserves will be making international news next week when twice-daily game drives will be broadcast live from Singita Kruger National Park on National Geographic TV to 166 countries worldwide.

The programme, called ‘Caught on Safari: Live!’, will feature morning and afternoon game drives that will be beamed live around the world. The programme will be presented by UK wildlife presenter Michaela Strachan and broadcast on National Geographic Channel, National Geographic Wild as well as online at www.natgeotv.com. Game rangers and wildlife trackers from Singita, along with veterinarians and ecologists, will share insight into Africa's conservation issues and specific initiatives taking place in the Kruger National Park.

Tune in twice every day from Sunday 9th November to Sunday 16th November at 8am and 3pm (all times GMT - see the online schedule).

Old Nov 6th, 2008, 08:20 AM

Thanks for the heads up.
Is this being broadcast on the Nat Geo channel in the US?
Regards,
Eric
Old Nov 6th, 2008, 04:17 PM

I know it is here in Australia.
Looking forward to it.

Cheers
Marc
Old Nov 7th, 2008, 10:18 AM

I check Natgeotv.ca and there is no mention of this broadcast on the Canadian station on the dates indicated.
Old Nov 7th, 2008, 03:22 PM

Pred

Thanks for the heads up - is this from the Kruger location or from the SSGR location.

Matt
Old Nov 7th, 2008, 04:12 PM

I just checked the online TV guide for the period through next Thursday night, and I didn't see any reference to a specific show re Singita (I checked the Manhattan guide, for what its worth). I did, however, note a two-hour Serengeti show (Saturday from 4:00am to 6:00am that I will DVR). Maybe the Singita drives are part of the Explorer show?
Old Nov 7th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Original Poster

The drives are in the Singita inside of Kruger area. I also can't find it on my guide, which is disappointing since the release mentions National G channel and 166 countries but looks like North America is being left behind.

Funny Michael, I did the same thing. Searched the DVR guide and set it to tape the Serengeti show when I came across it.

The release does say they are showing it online so I guess that is a secondary option but I really wanted to see game drives on my big t.v.
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 12:13 AM

Did anyone manage to watch this? I don't have cable or satellite tv so can't get the nat geo channels.

I tried to watch on-line via sky but I think you must need a subscription to watch 'live' tv? All I could find on-line via the nat geo site was a web cam shot?

Any ideas please and I'll try again this afternoon?

Was it any good?

Old Nov 9th, 2008, 12:33 AM
sniktawk

I cannot find it on DSTV here in SA either, oh well.

Old Nov 9th, 2008, 12:53 AM

Somewhat disappointing, the rains have come to Kruger and put a dampener on things.
Some good footage of a female Lion taking an Impala at a muddy waterhole.
Unfortunately, not live, filmed with John Varty earlier in the week.
I guess they have to have something on standby, when things are quiet.

Cheers
Marc
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 01:29 AM

Sniktawk,

It's on Natgeowild on 264 @ 17h00.

Kind Regards,

KL
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 06:26 AM

Pretty average ........ Certainly not MUST SEE TV.
Old Nov 10th, 2008, 07:36 AM

That's too bad that it's so hard to find this; I looked myself to try to find out when it would be on, even though I don't have satellite/cable. I wanted to have some friends watch it to hopefully get them excited about traveling to Africa.

There's one website that already does live game drives, but I think people would be more willing to watch this on TV than over the internet.
Old Nov 10th, 2008, 08:08 AM
Original Poster

Today's reminder email said specifically not on in the USA, wish the original would have specified that, but that it could be watched online.

I agree Gritty, online is nothing new and on T.V. I would have had the advantage to record it and skim through to the parts I have time to watch.

From Hari it sounds like the drives have been kind of slow. Might be nice for people to see that though vs. the documentaries that compress years of action into an hour that some people actually think should be what they see on safari all the time.
Old Nov 10th, 2008, 05:35 PM

The show is certainly not game drive specific. I.e., The camera being put on a game drive for the duration of the two hours or whatever....... The show can't be compared to documentaries in any shape, form or content.
Old Nov 11th, 2008, 01:26 AM

That sounds disappointing. I thought they were going to go on a 2 hour game drive and film that.

I guess that wouldn't appeal to everyone.