Search--what am I doing wrong?

Jul 27th, 2005, 03:39 PM
Original Poster

Search--what am I doing wrong?

Is there a problem with board search engine or me? When I type in a word that I know is in the title of a post let along within the text shouldn't I get the post in the list? Tried names of more than one park and could not get recent (last month or so) postings?
Dick
Jul 27th, 2005, 03:47 PM

I have the same issue and it seems to mainly affect recent posts. I don't know enough about how message boards function to understand why, but there has definitely been a problem recently. What I've been doing is clicking on the posters name (if I remember who posted it) and then looking through all of their recent posts.
Jul 27th, 2005, 07:57 PM

You'll have more luck if you use google's advanced search option and specify fodors.com as the domain.
Jul 27th, 2005, 07:57 PM

Yes, this is a problem on all the boards -- the search function works great for older posts but does not search all the most recent posts. It has been this way for a while. I don't know why -- but I use the same method Patty does and it is time consuming but works if you know the name of someone who posted something in the thread you're looking for.

Search this Thread