School holidays

Sep 13th, 2004, 06:40 AM
Original Poster

School holidays

Does anyone know the exact dates of the 2005 Easter school holidays in South Africa? Easter is March 27, 2005, and I have read that the school holidays are for about three weeks around Easter. Thanks.
Sep 13th, 2004, 06:56 AM

Although one should expect them to have been, the 2005 calendar doesn't seem to have been published yet. But I expect that they will be just one day different from this year, i.e. based on the same days of the week.

If you don't already have them, you can find the 2004 calendar for the four-term "public" (Government) schools at www.info.gov.za/sa_overview/schools.htm

And an example of the three-term "private" schools by using the Calendar option at www.stithian.com
Sep 15th, 2004, 05:32 PM
Original Poster

Arthur,

Thanks. The NY office of the South Africa Tourist Office has now advised me the 2005 holidays are from 18 March to 4 April.
Sep 20th, 2004, 03:26 AM

Of course! It was stupid of me to say that it would be likely be only one calendar day different, when I know full well that the "Easter holidays" are based on just that, Easter! Which of course is a variable holiday, I think the term is a "moveable feast".

So thanks to your second post, I was spurred to find a website to replace the out of date URL I gave. The latter even still says that its 2004 dates are "provisional"!

It was pretty easy to find http://education.pwv.gov.za/content/documents/463.doc from the Dept. of Education website, I'll use this URL in future. Or at least until they publish 2006.

Search this Thread