School Holidays

Jul 1st, 2002, 07:16 AM
Judith

School Holidays

Many guide books about South Africa indicated that during the school holidays it might be difficult to find accomodiation. I am planning to travel to SA (Cape Town) in September for a couple of weeks and I was wondering if this can be a real danger as there happen to be a school holiday at that time. I know that Xmas and Easter are very busy but how about September? Any previous experience?
Thanks.

Jul 1st, 2002, 10:43 AM
Karen

You have two months before the summer rush here in South Africa to make your bookings and if you were to make them now or sometime soon, you shouldn't have too much trouble. Some very popular places like Kruger will need more speed than others. Cape Town is usually fairly busy during our holidays - it is, along with Durban, one of the major spots to head for holidays by locals. Pick your spot and a couple of alternatives and check them out. Be ready to leave a deposit as this will hold any available room. Hope you come. Do enjoy Cape Town.
Karen

Jul 2nd, 2002, 01:34 AM
Judith

Karen

Thanks for your quick reply and the advice. It will be our first trip to South Africa and we have wanted to visit the place for a long time. I am looking forward to the trip so as you suggested I will start planning now! Rgds. Judith

Jul 6th, 2002, 04:43 AM
Lisa

September should not present accommodation difficulties in Cape town. the peak travel time there is Dec/Jan/Feb, with Dec and Jan being more crowded. September has a very short 10 day break and as it is spring, there is not a huge influx to Cape Town.

Search this Thread