Sayari Camp?

Jun 26th, 2005, 12:25 PM
Original Poster

Sayari Camp?

My family is planning a safari to Kenya and Tanzania in late January and early February. Our itinerary includes 2 nights at a mobile tented camp in the Ndutu area and 2 nights at the Serengeti Serena. My agent called about a new mobile camp being set up in the Piaya area west of the Serengeti and north of the Ngorongoro Conservation area. I think they are affiliated with Olivers Camp in Tarangire.The tents look lovely but I am not sure if the location would be optimal for our time frame. Since we will be in the Serengeti area in early February, would the Ndutu area be a more reliable bet for the migration? Are there any other factors I should consider? Also, can anyone tell me if Mbuzi Mawe would be a better choice than the Serena that time of year, or is it too far north?
Thanks for your comments,
Marie
Jun 26th, 2005, 12:58 PM

Yes, Ndutu should be the area where the Migration would be in Jan/Feb. I was there this last Feb. and stayed in a mobile tented camp in the Ndutu area. This new camp doesn't sound like it's sited well for a Feb. trip.

Search this Thread