Savute Safari Lodge

May 26th, 2004, 07:40 AM
Original Poster

Savute Safari Lodge

Just return from Botswana and stayed 2 nights at Savute Safari Lodge.

The game - during my two nights stay, we saw 16 lions in the area (incl a pride of 12), and also a pair of cheetahs watching a herb of zebras (we waited for an hour but they didn't hunt). There were also a lot elephants, the largest herb we saw has almost 30.

The lodge - most of the rooms have a view of the waterholes which elephants visit every day. The best room, I guess, is 3 which is just right in front of a waterhole.
Jensen was my guide, he is very experienced. He followed the lions' track all the way, so that we can find the pride.

I have gathered a lot of info from this board before my travel and I am glad to answer any questions.
May 26th, 2004, 02:38 PM

Ilee,

Thanks very much for the information. We're off in a few days (next Friday) so reading your and uhoh_busteds threads are really increasing the excitement levels.

I really hope we get to see cheetah - I think they are my favourite.

Did it get very cold? What time did you go out each morning? Was it ever warm enough to go in the pool?

Also, Savute seems a very different lodge to any other we've seen pictures of - was it weird staying there? How did it compare to the other places you stayed?

Sorry for all the questions - I'm just so excited!!
May 30th, 2004, 09:15 PM
Original Poster

Sorry for the late reply. It is not too cold at night except on night drives. For me, a fleece is enough. At night drive, I sometimes use the blankets provided in the vehicles.

Do bring a swimsuit, I wish I have brought it. It is rather hot in the afternoon and you can cool off in the pool.

For the lodges, I think the package itself is a good mix. With both tented camp (Nxabega), and lodges. The room is somehow the largest in Savute, I enjoy staying in my room overlooking the waterholes. In fact, all three are very good, with their own characterics.

Search this Thread