Sassab or Sirikoi! Cannot decide between the two

Aug 19th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Original Poster

Sassab or Sirikoi! Cannot decide between the two

I am finalizing my trip to Kenya for next month but cannot decide between Sassab or Sirikoi. Both seem nice. I read a review on tripadvisor that said the game viewing is not spectacular at Sassab but I don't know whether to believe it. Has anyone stayed at these camps who can offer input? Thank you.
Aug 19th, 2013, 10:49 AM

"what does game viewing not good mean?"
Know from day-to-day on safari game will vary. Some days so much game you can't keep up, others they all seem to be sleeping under a tree. Also depends on what the individual commenting on TA was expecting and whether it was realistic or not.

Have been to SaSaab and had wonderful game viewing; haven't though been to Sirikoi, so can't comment. But then I've never had a checklist regardless where I've visited in Kenya and sure don't count the # of ellees, lions, cheetah, zebra, and on and on. Some days wherever you'd look, lots of game and others a bit quiet, and can depend on anything. SaSaab though is a lovely camp, well sited and located on the banks of the Ewaso Nyiro River.
Aug 20th, 2013, 12:41 AM

The panorama that is Saasab lodge is nothing compared to your expectation, I guarantee you will loose yourself to the comfort of this place. As earlier stated game viewing is a game: sometimes you win sometimes you loose. But more likely than not you will see elephants from the comfort of your veranda.
Sep 20th, 2013, 10:23 PM

Sirikoi is also lovely, with a large concentration of animals in the protected Lewa Conservancy. Each of the 4 luxury tents overlooks the waterhole, giving you a choice to either just stay indoors and enjoy the game viewing or go on a game drive.

Search this Thread