Search

Luxor to Amman

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2004, 02:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Luxor to Amman

Are there flights from Luxor to Amman, Jordan?
Old Mar 8th, 2004, 03:22 PM
sandi

Call the airlines - Egypt Air and Royal Jordanian. I know there are flights from Luxor to Sharm and maybe Hurgada (sp), but to Amman, I think not.

Since Amman is in another country, there is issue of immigration leaving Egypt and arriving Jordan - seems to me flight would be CAI/AMM. But only the airlines can tell you for certain.

Old Mar 8th, 2004, 05:35 PM

Both Luxor and Amman are international airports so there's no immigration issues with travel between them.

Alas, there are no direct nor nonstop scheduled flights between the two. There are scheduled connecting flights through Cairo or Sharm el Sheikh.

There are also scheduled connecting flights from Luxor to Aqaba, connecting in Sharm which may be more convenient for Petra.
Old Mar 9th, 2004, 04:03 AM
sandi

NoFlyZone - thanks for the info on the Luxor airport being Int'l - one learns something new every day.

As to Luxor to Aqaba to Sharm - in fact Petra is much closer to Aqaba, while Sharm is way down on the tip of the Sinai Peninsula.

If the option was to return to Cairo from Luxor and then into Amman and onto Petra - I'd rather fly Luxor to Aqaba and onto Petra which is so much easier, but do be certain someone is there to meet you to take you to Petra.

Old Mar 9th, 2004, 07:29 AM

That flight is Luxor-Sharm-Aqaba, with a change of planes in Sharm. By convenient there is not only the geographic issue, but flight times and days, too. Not all flights are daily in this part of the world!
Old Mar 9th, 2004, 02:12 PM
sandi

NoFlyZone - After my posting I was wondering about the frequency of the flights from Luxor - which you now also mention. With the routing option you indicate and a change of planes (can't imagine how many hours total), I'd fly from Cairo to Amman - it's only a 1-hr flight.

Old Mar 9th, 2004, 03:46 PM

Sandi, but you still don't have enough information to make a decision. The published connecting flights from Luxor to Amman via Cairo vary from day to day, with widely varying departure/arrival times. For example, using the first 5 days of May as a frinstance, the first day the best flight combination leaves at 8AM and arrive at 3 PM (times rounded), the next it's either 1 AM/3 PM or noon/7 PM, followed by 8 AM/3 PM again for 2 days. The fifth day noon/7 PM or 7 PM/1 AM. And, no flights via Sharm to Aqaba any of those days. (On the 6th day, there's a 8 AM/1 PM to Aqaba.)

If you'r travelling on that 6th day the Aqaba flight is probably best suited. On the some of the other days you may want to reconsider flying at all!

Just a good demonstration of the difficulty of travel once one is outside the strong air corridors of North America, Europe and Asia... Challenging and fun.
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 05:29 AM
sandi

NoFlyZone - well taken, but in this instance I'm not the one who needs the information, rather "gktravels".

When we did our trip, it was from AMM/CAI and return CAI/AMM and it was really a breeze.

But now gktravels has lots of info to work with and knows the questions to ask when arranging their connections.

Thanks.

Old Mar 10th, 2004, 05:49 AM

When we flew in 02 we went luxor to cairo, cai-amman. had car from movenpick waiting to take us to petra,approx120.00 us. approx 3 hour drive no problem.
Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 07:27 PM

i am interested in opinions here. i want to fly to cairo and spend a few days sightseeing, and then fly to amman so i can take the bus to petra. figure i'll bus back to amman.
but i want to see jerusalum after that. is there a way to get from petra to jerusalum or should i fly from amman to cairo, then fly to tel aviv andback, etc. etc.

it sounds insane
Old Jun 23rd, 2004, 04:15 AM
sandi

toulouz -

Do a search on this board for "travel to Egypt" or Nile Cruises" and in the threads that appear, you will find the name/s of some Egyptian tour operators. Contact them and see what kind of itinerary they can put together to include a trip to Jordan and another to Jerusalem. I'm sure they do these regularly. These companies also have the current flight schedules between CAI/TLV - both Egypt Air and El Al fly this route, but on different days, and times. Likewise, they would know whether you can make a "land" transfer from Amman to Jerusalem and saving at least one flight.

I believe these Egyptian Tour operators would be your best option for the best way to handle the trip you wish to take.

Old Feb 1st, 2005, 11:04 PM

Hello,
Can anyone tell me what airlines does the Sharm to Aqaba flight? I'd like to fly from Luxor to Aqaba, which I understand goes through Sharm, but I can't find any info about this routing on EgyptAir's or Royal Jordanian's websites?
Thanks a lot,
Jeff