Sandibe vs. Jao?

Jun 24th, 2004, 12:58 PM
Original Poster

Sandibe vs. Jao?

My fiance and I are looking to take our honeymoon in Botswana. We both put a premium on seeing great game and would like to stay somewhere special and luxurious. We are staying for two nights at Kings Pool and then are heading to the Okavango Delta. We can't decide, once there, whether to stay two nights at Jao and then two nights at Sandibe or to spend four consecutive nights at just one of those camps. Any suggestions you might have would be greatly appreciated!!
Alli
Jun 24th, 2004, 07:33 PM

I can't say anything about Jao, but I would LOVE to have spent more time at Sandibe than just the two nights we had there. The managers Nikola and Maurice are wonderful, and the staff is top notch. Plus the game viewing was terrific.
Jun 26th, 2004, 01:11 PM

We're going to the Okavango in Sept and had the same quandry. Coincidently, we were also trying to decide between splitting our time between Jao and Sandibe, or just staying at one of these. Feedback from both camps has been fantastic, and on the advice of a very knowledgable and safari-experienced friend, we decided on staying at both. Based on everything we have heard, you can't make a bad decision either way. By the way, see recent post "Jao trip report."

Search this Thread