Search

Kusadasi and Ephesus

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1st, 2000, 08:11 PM
Steve

Kusadasi and Ephesus

We are taking a cruise that stops in Kusadasi for 10 hours. The ship offers a variety of shore excursions to Ephesus with prices starting at $41.00 pp. Would it be difficult for us to try to do this on our own from the port? Any suggestions on the best way to spend our 10 hours there would be appreciated. <BR>

Old Jun 2nd, 2000, 01:57 PM
Linda

Epshesus is a little drive away from the pier. I think the price isn't totally unreasonable for the transportation and admission. Also, I was glad to have a guided tour. There is some shopping near the port, if that is what you are also interested in. <BR>Take the tour.

Old Jun 2nd, 2000, 03:06 PM
Louise

I agree - the price does not seem unreasonable. Be sure you get there as early as possible in the morning to avoid the crowds.

Old Jun 5th, 2000, 05:24 AM
mike

They are on a cruise...they ARE the morning crowds.

Old Jun 5th, 2000, 05:38 AM
Louise

I guess we must have been extremely fortunate as we were instructed by our tour guide to rise very early and were the first people to arrive at Ephesus and avoided the worst of the crowds.

Old Jun 12th, 2000, 03:29 PM
eileen

Kusadasi is a big tourist trap that can be skipped. Ephesus is the most incredible site! It is the most intact ancient city you will ever see. It is best seen and appreciated with a guide. Reading about its history before you visit is a good idea. Do get there as early as possible. There really is no shade, so bring a hat or umbrella.

Old Jun 25th, 2000, 02:03 AM
Fiona

Ephesus is an amazing place but so too is the House of the Virgin Mary which is only a short distance (by car)from Ephesus. To me, it would seem a pity to miss such an atmospheric place when you are so close. <BR>There will be endless taxi drivers after your money in Kusadasi- we found it easy to strike a good deal with these guys. This could be another option if you'd like to avoid being 'herded' around. <BR>

Old Jun 30th, 2001, 01:54 PM
nejat

even if you want to take this toue byyourself it is is quite complicated with local transportation.<BR>rhe best is to book rhe excursion<BR>or if you give me the exact fate and the name of the ship i may find some other solutions.<BR>rgds<BR>nejat<BR>guide<BR>

Old Jul 3rd, 2001, 12:24 AM
kelly

Local transportation is not complicated! The taxis will be waiting for you, agree on a price, get in and go. Thats it.

Old Jul 6th, 2001, 05:31 PM
M&J

We loved Ephesus. Although we had studied and researched this wonderful site, we did hire a guide and were very pleased. If it is raining, the streets are extremely slippery---wear good walking or hiking shoes ! <BR>If you decide to visit Istanbul, we have a write-up for first time visitors and will gladly share it with you. But there is a charge! You have to share you trip with us.

Old Oct 23rd, 2001, 10:20 AM
Basar

Check out <BR>www.silkroadhotels.com <BR>Basar