Safety in Epypt and Jordan?

Aug 8th, 2002, 01:25 PM
Kate

Safety in Epypt and Jordan?

We have plans to travel to Egypt and Jordan with a tour group in Dec. Our tour includes Cairo, a cruise on the Nile and Petra and Amman in Jordan.We are debating about changing our plans due to the talk of war in the Middle East. Any advice?

Aug 9th, 2002, 07:06 AM
Miguel

Kate, I was also planning to go to Egypt and Jordan on my honeymoon in october. My advice is to play it safe. Most likely, you will not have any trouble, but why take the chance? The world is to big, and there will be better times to go to Egypt and Jordan. If the pyramids have been there for thousands of years, I don't see why waiting a couple more will change anything. If you want africa, go on safari. A great and unforgetable experience.

Aug 10th, 2002, 04:48 AM
DianeG

Kate, I disagree with Miguel. I was in Egypt and Jordan last winter and now is a good time to go.

First of all, you will be with a tour. This greatly facilitates your day-to-day getting around and increases the safety factor.

Second, the sights will not be so choked with tourists, which will make your visit much more pleasant.

The Egyptian government is very serious about the security of its tourists, you will see much evidence of this. Jordan is a very safe country to begin with.

So go and enjoy. You are lucky that your tour includes Petra - it's quite worth getting there and most tours don't go.

Search this Thread