Safed as Base for Touring

Nov 9th, 2005, 02:14 AM
Original Poster

Safed as Base for Touring

My husband and I will be in Israel for our first trip in July. We will be visiting Jerusalem and Tel Aviv first and then rent a car and head to Haifa, Safed, and Tiberias before returning home (with stops along the way at specific tourist locations). I am interested in staying at the Ruth Rimonim hotel in Safed for two nights then on Lake Kinneret for another two nights. However, the hotel in Safed offers a special deal if we stay three nights...I wondered how far Safed was from points of interest along the northern lake area and if it was worth it to use it as a base for some daytime explorations. Then we'd just do one nigth on the lake. The hotel looks really beautiful. Comments please!
Nov 9th, 2005, 04:58 AM

We stayed at the Ruth Rimonim for two nights last year. We were dissappointed with the hotel - especially given the price. Probably the worst value of the six in seven places we stayed at. The food was really subpar. The pool area was very nice tho. I would say one night is enough - one day, or even a half day in Safed is sufficient.

We basically did what you are doing - stayed a few nights int he area. Our other two nights were at Kibbutz Kfar Blum, which I would recommend....though there are many choices in the area.

Safed is ok as a base, but not quite as handy as places near the lake or in the Hula Valley, since you ahve to drive up and down the hills to get anywhere.
Nov 9th, 2005, 05:13 AM

Look at some of the bed and breakfast places in Rosh Pina. IMO a more convenient base, and a very beautiful one.
Nov 9th, 2005, 06:38 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the input. I think two night will be plenty in Safed- especially since the first day we'll be arriving later in the day and then we'll have the next day to take in Safed. As for Rosh Pina we will try drive to Rosh Pina because I have also heard many lovely things about it. I think I'll look to two nights on Kinneret...I am thinking of Scots Hotel or a kibbutz. I will check out Kfar Blum and also Ginosar. Thanks

Search this Thread