Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Africa & the Middle East (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/)
-   -   Safe Travels Atravelynn! (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/safe-travels-atravelynn-397258/)

Denbasking Jul 17th, 2008 06:58 PM

Safe Travels Atravelynn!

Looking forward to gathering the family and reading your new stories!

Den

HariS Jul 17th, 2008 08:55 PM

Hey Lynn,

Don't forget that 1986 Pinotage. Remember, the Merlot wasn't approved ....... :)

Cheers!!!

skimmer Jul 17th, 2008 09:44 PM

Lynn,

Enjoy your travels and come back with some wonderful memories.

Best regards,

Johan

LyndaS Jul 17th, 2008 10:18 PM

Are you off again so soon, Lynne? I promise I am working on that Alaska report & hopefully will be done when you get back!

Have a great trip!

matnikstym Jul 17th, 2008 11:36 PM

Where you going this time Lynn? Have a fun, safe trip wherever it is!

Elizabeth_S Jul 18th, 2008 03:28 AM

Waiting to hear about the Great Whites! Have a great time.

Pula Jul 18th, 2008 06:34 AM

Me too -- I want to know where you're going and wish you well wherever it is. Pinotage? Sounds like southern hemisphere?

cybor Jul 18th, 2008 07:04 AM

Where in the world is our dear Lynn going this time? The Baltimore aquarium followed by a glass of wine on the waterfront, perhaps Capetown.
Give us a hint, Lynn.

Wherever it is, enjoy immensely and come back and report.

Nyamera Jul 18th, 2008 07:43 AM

Safari salama! Be careful with sharks, merlot and other scary things.

I <b>think</b> Lynn is going to SA and Zambia. She’ll do some shark watching, but I’m not so sure about the wine tasting.
Cheers!

MyDogKyle Jul 18th, 2008 09:31 AM

Happy travels, Lynn! :)

Patty Jul 18th, 2008 10:05 AM

Have fun!

atravelynn Jul 19th, 2008 07:39 PM

Thanks all. I could have had some wine on the flight here, but declined. That's the only story so far. That's good, I don't want any stories regarding the transpportation to get here.

Just spent Night #1 in Cape Town. Robben Island in a few hours then on to Simonstown. I have 5 shark trips scheduled, hoping to get a couple of good ones where I can see the sharks well from the deck, not the cage. The last month they have had to cancel quite a few shark viewing trips due to weather.

I plan to do a couple of baboon walks and visit the penguins, maybe even kayak with them.

I have a guide for some Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve time and the gardens.

Then 2 nts in S. Luangwa at Kakuli, a Norman Carr camp, where the mgr is a guide I've had before and 5 nts in N. Luangwa at Kutandala.

HariS Jul 19th, 2008 08:29 PM

What? No, wine? :)

Enjoy!!! Your trip is just starting .........

Patty Jul 20th, 2008 10:51 AM

Glad you had no transportation stories to share. Good luck with the sharks!

aowens Jul 20th, 2008 11:04 AM

I can't wait to hear about the sharks!! Please fill us in!

joeyi Jul 20th, 2008 11:23 AM

good luck with the shark viewing, i hope you bring some great pictures.
glad the travels went well.
joyce

Leely2 Jul 20th, 2008 12:21 PM

Have fun, Lynn. Please demonstrate this baboon walk when you return.

sundowner Jul 20th, 2008 06:29 PM

Sounds like a fun trip, Lynn. Have a great time!

Dana_M Aug 2nd, 2008 09:40 AM

I just saw this thread, and was going to wish you Bon Voyage, but you're probably on your way home by now. Therefore, I'll say Welcome Home instead. I hope this trip was as good as all of your others.

Denbasking Aug 7th, 2008 11:04 AM

I wonder if Lynn ran into CNN’s Anderson Cooper covering shark stories…I think they were at the same place at the same time?

I did not see the show just an advertisement for the Plant in Peril [correct name?] series; maybe our Lynn is IN his story! Anyone see this episode if it has aired that is?