Safe for Kids?

May 3rd, 2002, 11:13 AM
Mary

Safe for Kids?

Hello,
Is it safe to take small kids (8yr old and 9 month old) to Marrakech? I've heard that vendors in the marketplace are quite aggressive and can be intimidating.
Has anyone taken small kids to Marrakech?
M

May 4th, 2002, 03:57 AM
gail

Have not been to Marrakech - but aggressive vendors in Egypt were not a problem with our kids. They clearly targeted the adults with their sales pitches. Our daughter was 10 at the time and sometimes the crowds and noise were a little much for her, but the vendors left her alone.

May 8th, 2002, 09:09 AM
Paula

My family visited Morocco about 3 years ago and we felt very safe. The sights and culture were something I have fond memories of. Yes, the vendors are quite intent on selling and they seem to focus on the children knowing they have an easy target. My son, who was 9 at the time, wanted everthing they showed him. Some are very persistent and follow you throughout the medina; others get the hint after a number of "no's!" We had a guide who was very sweet and helped discourage the vendors. It was a great trip, very different from the normal "european vacation!" Have a great time if you decide to go.

Search this Thread