Safe

Dec 6th, 2004, 05:06 PM
Original Poster

Safe

How safe is it to travel in Jerusalem?
Dec 6th, 2004, 08:18 PM

We found it very safe. We have been the last two years in a row. We were there the day after Arafat's funeral.

Just as we were leaving the states, we were concerned about the environment... wondering if we should cancel the trip. We decided to go... After we were there, we commented how safe we felt. It was just like being in any city.

We were aware of our surroundings and do try to avoid city buses or where they stop. We had a great time.

We actually went to Bethlehem and the Temple Mount on the trip. This was the first tour group that had gone in a number of years with this company.

Let me know if you have other detailed questions.
Dec 7th, 2004, 04:15 PM

Jerusalem is very safe!You just hsve to be aware of some security messures you should take.Don't walk in the Arab section after dark, don't walk alone(always take somebody with you).To my opinion it's better to avoid Bethlehem where 'security' is in Palestinian hands, and silence can turn into blast in minutes.
Feb 1st, 2005, 05:46 PM

My husband and I took the kids (14 and 10) last summer--we did everything on our own and always felt very safe--
We used the same common sense we use on other trips.
Unlike in other major cities, we felt comfortable walking in the streets at night.

Search this Thread