safari's/tours/lodging

Jun 25th, 1997, 05:04 AM
san

safari's/tours/lodging

Does anyone have any advise about Vintage Safaris and any of the block hotels in kenya, (the keekorok lodge) in maasai mara? As far as safari's, we have a week to spend in kenya for safari's, is it worth doing both maasai mara and serengeti! Thanks for the advise! San

Jul 5th, 1997, 10:32 AM
Federica Gilardoni

I've been in safari in '93 in Masai Mara, at Keekorok Lodge at the end of august. It's one of the best lodge you can find there. A very good hotel. But if you travel in summer in Masai Mara, try Mara Serena Lodge: it's a very good place to visit the Mara River, where gnus cross coming from Serengeti, Tanzania. Otherwise you will not see the river, because the Masai Mara is very wide and Keekorok Lodge is very far from there.

Aug 12th, 1997, 02:22 PM
Delilah

We stayed at the Mara River Camp, in a lovely tented hotel (complete with running water en suite, mind you). All night, we could hear the hippos, just down the bank from our tents. Very exotic, I recommend it...!

Aug 20th, 1997, 03:54 AM
Chris Jones

Masai Mara is one of the best national parks all the camps are of a good standard. My wife and I prefer the smaller camps they are much more personal but they don't have a swimming if that's important. Reccomend Hemingway's only 10 tent's with private shower and toilet en suite or Little Govenor's Camp.Have a nice time.

Search this Thread