Safaris starting in Victoria Falls

Jan 10th, 2005, 11:28 AM
Original Poster

Safaris starting in Victoria Falls

Has anyone been on a safari that started in Victoria Falls. My husband and I hope to be in S.A. for two months in April/May and are thinking of a Zambian safari - short one.
Suggestions would be appreciated. Budget if possible, but then budget in S.A. is hard to come by. Hoping Zambia has a better U.S. exchange rate.
Jan 10th, 2005, 03:33 PM

I went on a safari back in September which started in Livingstone. The entire length of my trip was 15 days, which included the flights between NY and Africa. I spent two nights in Linvingstone and then moved onto Botswana in the Delta for three nights. The next 3 nights were spent in Sabi Sabi and my last few days were spent in Cape Town. Overall, the trip will cost you around $11k. If you want more information on this trip or advice on how to lower your costs, I will be more than happy to help you out.
Jan 13th, 2005, 01:29 PM
Original Poster

Oh yes, we need to budget our two months in South Africa. Now if you are sayng that $11K would cover the two months then that is what we are expecting.
So any help from anyone on how to reduce costs, please help. We are two seniors, but now are thinking of backpackers' hostels. Will rent a car from Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, then Durban to J'b.
I have been looking for a tour from Johannesburg to Victoria for two or three nights. Any thoughts on that. How much is the airfare?

Search this Thread