SAFARIS FOR JUNE/JULY OR AUGUST 98

Jul 25th, 1997, 07:59 PM
JOYCE

SAFARIS FOR JUNE/JULY OR AUGUST 98

Planning safaris for 98. Unsure of itinerary yet. Want something not too crowded. Most bang for the buck. Also suggestions as to safaris operators would be appreciated. Planning on 2-3 weeks. Nothing too primitive. Thanks for any comments.

Aug 12th, 1997, 01:54 PM
Delilah

We used Sue's Safaris when we went on safari in Kenya, and were DELIGHTED with them. Our guide in the Mara was especially knowledgeable. I recommend the Mara River Camp if you go to the Masaai Mara game reserve, and also I would recommend the Shimba Hills treetop hotel, if you spend time in Mombasa. It is only an hour's drive away and is a delightful change of pace, cool and breezy after Mombasa's heat and humidity.
A good, non-touristy (uncrowded) time to go would be really anytime except in December-January and July-August. However, during the rains from March-May, sometimes roads and trails are really muddy, and can even be impassable.
We have lots of pictures of our Kenya trip on our home page at
http://web2.airmail.net/kurtray
if you want to check it out!
Delilah

Oct 12th, 1997, 04:25 AM
David

I am taking my family on safari to Kenya July 98 with Abercrombie & Kent. After much research, they are the best. Everything is first class and reasonably priced. I don't think you want to pinch pennies in terms of your safety and travel experience. All accomadations are first class. Visit their website at abercrombiekent.com and order some brochures. You will be astounded at how wonderful the itineraries are. Good luck!

Nov 26th, 1997, 11:38 PM
Kandy

Don't forget the Okavango Swamps in Botswana. The most incredible place! Also the Kruger National Park in South Africa offers 'safari walks' but you need to book early.
Good Luck & Enjoy.

Search this Thread