safari tour operators albatros travel

Feb 22nd, 2006, 10:36 AM
Original Poster

safari tour operators albatros travel

My travel agent is trying to hook us up with Albatros travel and safari. Has anyone used or heard of them.
Feb 22nd, 2006, 12:17 PM

No worries - they are an established and well-known outfitter in Arusha (no, it is not my company!)

You can certainly contact them direct if you want. http://www.albatros-travel.com/english/index.html

Feb 22nd, 2006, 01:14 PM
Original Poster

climbhighsleeplow, can you tell me when you used them and where you went.

thanks
Feb 22nd, 2006, 02:43 PM

I used them in 2003 for an extended migration safari on the Northern Circuit and the Masai Mara in my quest to research the migration patterns. I needed an outfitter with offices in both Kenya and Tanzania to simplify my logistics and I met Mia (the manager) earlier in South Africa at the Indaba show.

We came up with a very ambitious itinerary and she helped negotiate reduced rates so I could stay at places like Treetops, Swala, Kusini, Grumeti, Kleins, Migration Camp, Little Governors, Norfolk, and others. This was the start of my intense interest in the Great Migration (I was just a mountain man until then) and I remain grateful to Albatros for helping me.

My guide Christopher Samwell is no longer on their payroll, but since then I've send others to Albatros with positive feedback and I still consider Mia a dear friend.

And that's how it all happened!

Search this Thread