Safari Tour Groups

Jun 25th, 2001, 09:10 AM
Julie

Safari Tour Groups

I am interested in taking an african safari and would like to know if anyone has any recommendations for tour groups and adventures.
Julie

Jun 25th, 2001, 09:27 AM
Hans

We had an incredible trip to Kenya with Abercrombie & Kent. It was a 10 day flying safari throughoutr Kenya that went flawlesly. The accomodation and food were spectacular and the guide and drivers were amazing! I would not hesitate to recommend A&K! Have a great trip--it is an amazing place!

Jun 27th, 2001, 12:11 PM
Jill

If you are looking for a camping safari we just returned from a 24-day trip to South Africa, Namibia, Botswana and Zambia (total eclipse!). Namibia was our favorite country and during their winter is the best time to go.

I would recommend African Footprints - http://www.africanfootprints.co.uk/eclipsetour.htm. We ran into this group many times during our trip and it was a really well done tour.

I would NOT recommend Highveld Tours - www.highveld.com. We went with this group and were very disappointed.

Jun 28th, 2001, 11:56 AM
paulw

I've been to Tanzania three times now (I'm addicted!) and I have always used African Outdoor Expeditions (www.aoe-ltd.com). I've also been to Niger and have plans to see Uganda next. As for adventures, my second trip was a drive from northern Tazania to southern Tanzania inwhich we passed through small villages filled with mud huts and grass huts. I took a polarid camera and spent time making friends with the local people. A great experience! For scenery, Empakaai Crater in the Ngorongoro Crater Highlands is the most beautiful place I've seen so far. Although Arusha Park is close behind!
I could go on and on.....

Jun 29th, 2001, 12:52 PM
Bobbo

Just got back from 2 weeks in the bush touring the popular northern game circuit in Tanzania... Tarangire; Lake Manyara; Ngorongoro; and the Serengetti. We had a private safari (choose a Land Cruiser over the mini-bus... if you have at least 3 people you can get away w/ a private safari and avoid compromising for no additional $$)arranged with Ranger Safaris- the largest operator in Tanzania. Very knowledgeable guides w/ minimal impact on the environment. After past safari's in Kenya and SA, I'll plan the next trip to include 7 days in the bush and another week or so at the coast (Zanzibar). Primary choice for lodging is between the Sopa and Serena lodges ($ margin is minimal, but the Serena is in a different league)... if you really want to treat yourself spend a few nights at the highluxe tented camp at Kirawira (western Serengetti) but be prepared to spend the $$$$. You won't go wrong!

Jul 6th, 2001, 11:42 AM
Julie

Thanks for all the replies. I got some great information. Has anyone ever taken a safari through Mountain Sobek?
Julie

Jul 7th, 2001, 04:21 PM
Norma

I just returned from a trip to Kenya and was delighted to find that everything was MUCH greater than I imagined. The cost was much less than anything else I checked on. The driver/guides, the lodges, and the animal experience were phenomenal.
www.2afrika.com

Search this Thread