Safari only or Capetown extension

Oct 31st, 2002, 12:08 PM
Al

Safari only or Capetown extension

We are in the middle of planning a honeymoon for the last couple of weeks in May 2003. We have 9 days for travel in South Africa and are attempting to determine how to allocate that time.

Should we use that time exclusively on Safari (splitting time between 3 camps in different reserves) or should we allocate time for Capetown (say 3 days) as well.

How is the weather in May on the Cape and should that have any impact on our decision? Any advice would be a huge help.

Oct 31st, 2002, 02:02 PM
Selwyn Davidowitz

Hi Al,

Firstly congrats on your forthcoming wedding.

Whatever you do DONT miss out on Cape Town and certainly do not make your SA visit one of visiting 3 safari venues.

I would suggest that you spend time at 2 safari venues by visiting each venue for 2 days with one day to travel from safari 1 to safari 2. Then I would make an early start on Day 6 and get down to Cape Town as quickly as possible to spend 3.5 days in the city. I can assure you that this will make for a good itinerary whereby you will probably see most animals (depending on where you go on safari) as well as enjoy the best city in SA to visit.

As far as the weather in May in Cape Town is concerned it depends on when in May you are talking about as the first 2 weeks will probably be warm, with blue skies and great weather whereas the latter 2 weeks will start ushering in the Winter months and there could be s slight chill in the air. However as far as the month of May is concerned you will definitely be able to travel everywhere in Cape Town and enjoy the city to its utmost capacity.

Hope this helps and enjoy Cape Town if you do decide to visit us.

Selwyn Davidowitz

Search this Thread