Safari in Tanzania/Kenya and tipping

Jan 29th, 2002, 08:50 AM
Debra

Safari in Tanzania/Kenya and tipping

This questions is for all who already went on safari to Kenya or Tanzania or bto both places. Did you tip your giudes, drivers, camp stuff? How much? Are there some rules regarding tips?
Thank you for your answers

Jan 29th, 2002, 04:30 PM
smallsal

Anyone?

Jan 30th, 2002, 05:51 AM
Sandy

We went to the Masai Mara and Lake Nakuru in Kenya last May . . . WONDERFUL trip.

We had the same server at MM for all our meals (included of course) and he was wonderful. After the first day, he remembered all our names (we were a party of 4), where we were from, our kids, what we wanted to drink, etc. His name was Francis and he was delightful . . . of course we tipped him. I don't know what our friends tipped but we gave him about $30 for the 3 days we were there.

Our guide/driver was with us the entire trip (5 days), he was outstanding. It was recommended we tip about $50/couple and we gave him $100/couple, he went 'way out of his way to help us, show us, teach us about his country.

I don't think we needed to tip anyone else.

Hope this helps . . . and have a great trip, you'll have the time of your life!

Sandy

Jan 30th, 2002, 03:22 PM
tc

I think we tipped our drivers about $100 per couple. We did not tip the camp staff as that was included in our tour package.

Search this Thread