Safari in Tanzania in December/January

Old Oct 20th, 2005, 01:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Safari in Tanzania in December/January

My wife (!) and I are planning on having our honeymoon in Tanzania and Zanzibar from around the 30th of December and a couple of weeks into January.

We got an itinerary from an agent, which suggest a couple of places to stay which I don't know much about, so I was interesting in having some comments from someone who might know.

Day 1: We will go to Lake Manyara where we will stay one night at the Wild Africa Lodge.

Day 2-3: After spending the day at Lake Manyara we will head on to the Serengeti, where we will stay two nights at the Ikoma Bush Camp.

Day 4: The day will also be spent in the Serengeti, but the night will be spent at the Serengeti Exclusive Mobile Camp.

Day 5-6: After a morning safari we head towards the Ngorongoro Crater, where we will spend two nights at the Ngorongoro Farm House.

Day 7-15: We leave the Ngorongoro Crater and go to Zanzibar where we will spent a couple of nights in Hotel Tembo in Stone Town, after which we will go to the beach to relax the last few days. I am still not sure where we will stay at the beach. Suggestions are welcome.

If you have any input as to the trip and particularly the accommodation, I would be very grateful to hear it.

Thanks
Old Oct 20th, 2005, 05:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Etio

I have posted pictures of the lodges/camps on your itinerary. You can also see the locations. Go here:

http://www.go-safari.com

You have quite a mix here! The EMC camp is very nice in a good location in early January and you may want to spend more time there. Ikoma is way out to the west outside the park and rustic if that's what you want.

I visited the Wild Africa Lodge and took pictures but did not stay. There are no wildlife around the camp. It is on the Mayara plains and not on top of the escarpment so the views won't be as dramatic.

Eben