Safari in June

Mar 20th, 2006, 05:19 AM
Original Poster

Safari in June

Hey Y'all.
Having been born and bred in Kenya, I take for granted what people would kill to see. I confirmed that by the many stories of Lions, Lionesses that people tell with awe. Since I know many many Flora and Fauna, It is suddenly daunting to choose which to include and which to exclude...
I am trying to find an itinerary for those who have gone on Safari in the Months of April, May and June in Kenya. I am trying to peep at travelogues, Photos and Diaries for those who have visited Kenya in this Months, The most hilarious and thrilling experiences and the worst mistake they made. As my friends will be visiting Kenya in this months...I want to give them that-OUT OF AFRICA- experience courtesy of nature.
Thanks.
please mail me:[email protected]
Thanks
Kipruto Birir.
Mar 20th, 2006, 01:19 PM
sandi

Having been born and bred, you do know that April, May and beginning of June are the "long" rains. Of course, that doesn't mean it will rain, for how long or how hard, but you can expect some. However, with the "short" rains of Nov/Dec being late this past year, only coming recently in March - who knows what will be when your friends visit.

Many people enjoy visiting Kenya and Tanzania at this time because it's usually very green, there are less visitors and lower prices. And if it does rain, there's always the possibility of being bogged down somewhere. However, be aware that many properties close during this time... usually camps, maybe some lodges.

Otherwise, the animals are there though can be scattered as they have alternatives, rather than specific waterholes. But, unlike us, they're not on vacation and don't travel far.

Happy travels.

Search this Thread