Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Africa & the Middle East (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/)
-   -   Safari in Botswana (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/safari-in-botswana-55432/)

Claire Oct 22nd, 1999 02:48 PM

Safari in Botswana

My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to Botswana in April 2000. We are thinking about using Wilderness Safaris, and want to stay in the Okavango Delta, Moremi, and Linyanti/Chobe regions. Does anyone have any recommendations regarding safaris, lodges, or camps in these areas. Are these places worth the money ($320 per person per night)?

Louise Oct 23rd, 1999 08:01 AM

We returned in May from the areas you are speaking of and traveled with Wilderness Safaris. I couldn't find a way to book directly with them except to go through a tour operator. So, after much studying, we selected www.fisheaglesafaris.com based in Houston. The owner, Bert, is most responsive and was a pleasure to deal with. We did the Jacana safari. If you have any other questions, please feel free to e-mail me.

Pat Oct 27th, 1999 02:54 PM

Claire, I also travelled with Wilderness, both on the Jacana safari and also fly-in safari to 3 camps (Chitabe, Kwetsani and Savuti). I highly recommend them and yes it is worth the cost. The difference is the lack of other people and vehicles. It makes a huge difference in the African experience. <BR> I loved Kwetsani, it is brand new, very intimate (only 4 tents)and beautiful. <BR> First trip we liked Linyanti Tented Camp, and loved Mombo (which is just remodeled and I hear wonderful). <BR> Happy to answer questions. Pat

Jasper Oct 28th, 1999 09:53 AM

Hi Claire, I am a South African who like to visit Botswana. I have just returned from a trip to the Okavango. If you are interested in a tour to these areas, please feel free to contact me. I can take you to these areas in a private vehicle and construct a tour that suits you best.

Sheryl Oct 29th, 1999 12:12 AM

I stayed at the very luxe Chobe Game Lodge. It is the only hotel in the middle of the National Park. (Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton had their second wedding there.) Exclusive, no crowds. They arrange everything beautifully. I can recommend. After all, it was good enough for Liz and Dick . . . .

I stayed at the very luxe Chobe Game Lodge. It is the only hotel in the middle of the National Park. (Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton had their second wedding there.) Exclusive, no crowds. They arrange everything beautifully. I can recommend. After all, it was good enough for Liz and Dick . . . . But if you want something that is roughing it alot, this is not the place for you.

I stayed at the very luxe Chobe Game Lodge. It is the only hotel in the middle of the National Park. (Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton had their second wedding there.) Exclusive, no crowds. They arrange everything beautifully. I can recommend. After all, it was good enough for Liz and Dick . . . . But if you want something that is roughing it alot, this is not the place for you.

Sheryl Oct 29th, 1999 12:14 AM

I'm sorry. I don't know why it posted 3 times? (The first one apparently deleted the last sentence.)