Safari Companions in Tanzania??

Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:55 AM
Original Poster

Safari Companions in Tanzania??

Safari Companion in Tanzania (June)

Hi, I'm a 23 year old Irish student travelling to Tanzania in June with my mother. We are planning on spending most of our time in Zanzibar, but would like to do short safari from Dar Es Salaam at some point. I have found some really good deals but I really need to find some more people to share the safari with to make it economical.

We will be in Tanzania from Jun 1 - Jun 19, it would suit us best to do the safari at the very beginning or the very end of the trip but really, we are flexible. Here is an example of a deal that I have found:

Selous or Saadani (4 days):
- if 2 people on a (private) safari : 730 USD pp
- if 4-5 people on a (shared) safari : 475 USD pp

Mikumi (2-3 days):
- if 2 people on a (private) safari : 430 USD pp (2 days) - 565 USD pp (3 days)
- if 4-5 people on a (shared) safari : 265 USD pp (2 days) - 355 USD pp (3 days)

Included in the price :
- all entry fees, camping fees
- 4wd transport
- English speaking driver/guide and cook
- full board camping accommodation during the safari
- all camping equipment

Not included :
- drinks and mineral water
- meals and accommodation in Dar-es-Salaam
- sleeping bag
- personal expenses
- tips

A "walking safari" and boat safari on the Rufiji River are possible in the Selous

Let me know if you're interested!!! Thanks for reading this!
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:44 AM
sandi

If you haven't already done so, I would suggest you post this on the bulletin board at school and see whether you can get some of your school pals to join you. Try at your church or whatever similar affiliation you might have, and even the local market where neighbors will see this and might be interested.

As to the order, I would recommend that you do the safari portion first, then relax afterwards, where you can catch up writing your journals of the safari experience and be refreshed by the time you return home.

I do hope you can get others to share this experience with you, but if not, the prices for just the two of you are good and you will certainly love the experience.

Search this Thread