safari/ college students

Nov 29th, 2004, 12:08 PM
JCH
Original Poster

safari/ college students

My son is doing a study abroad in the spring. He will be in Mombasa in March and he and a small group of friends would like to book a 4-5 day safari. They are interested in the Ngorongoro Crater but are open to other suggestions. Any suggestions for reputable companies to contact and any approximate idea of costs. Thanks
Nov 29th, 2004, 12:44 PM
sandi

JCH - Since your son will be in Mombasa, they might want to check out the tour operator that JanGoss (a regular poster here) uses with much success. The name of the company is:

Southern Cross Safaris at
http://www.southerncrosssafaris.com/intro.htm

Since they will be in Mombassa, they might not want to travel all the way to Tanzania when they have all of Kenya right at their back door - Tsavo which is nearby, Amboseli not that much further and, of course, the Masai Mara. As to the Ngorongoro Crater, this area only requires 2nts/1-full day.

But they can email Southern Cross thru the website above, detail what they are looking for, their dates, their budget, type of accommodations and I'm sure Southern Cross will be able to assist them.

Nov 29th, 2004, 04:23 PM
JCH
Original Poster

Thank you so much. I will forward him the website.
Dec 1st, 2004, 04:03 PM

JCH:

Sorry I didn't see your message earlier. Have your son email [email protected] Southern Cross. He is the managing director. Tell him what you are interested in and he can set it up either in Kenya or Tanzania.

Of course there are the beaches both north and south of Mombasa. Tsavo East National Park is just a two hour ride away as is Tsavo West. The west is supposed to have a more scenic park but the east has more animals. They could easily spend two nights at Satao Camp at Tsavo East, then a night or two at Tsavo West before heading into Amboseli for a couple of nights. I have dealt with Torben and his people many times and they have always been extremely fair with me.

Just let your son know that in March he may be getting into the beginning of the rainy season. When that happens often the animals start leaving the parks to graze on new grass and drink water elsewhere. The weather determines what and how much you will see. He will absolutely love Kenya and the people.

Jan

Jan

Search this Thread