Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page >

Any experience with greenlife.co (www.e-gnu)?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2006, 06:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have experience with this operator, they seem to have very good discounts, do you receive the same quality? Has anyone booked thru them and how did it work out? Thanks!
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 06:33 AM

ivee,

E-Gnu automatically discounts rack rates by 5%, which is commonly the additional commission that they earn by being a preferred operator, meaning that if they send enough clients to a given camp/lodge that their commission is bumped up 5%. Although other companies may not advertise this, similar discounts are often available from other agents.

In the past, I would use E-Gnu as a good reference point for prices but I would then contact other operators that seemed to have more fanfare and more word of mouth references, so no personal experience with E-Gnu/Greelife, other than I did get similar or even better pricing after shopping around a bit. My hesitation with larger operators has always been the personal service. Does it take them a day or a week to respond to your e-mail with pricing, instead of just an automated response or a personal response that they will get back to you in a few days with pricing.
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 07:22 AM

they are excellent, responsive and efficient and everything about our holiday was exactly as planned.

we made many last minute changes and switches and adds and they were always immediately helpful.

i would not hesitate to recommend them. we used them in winter 2004 for south africa, botswana and zambia.

we worked with janice.
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 08:48 AM

Very responsive and professional to my inquiries, but I was able to find better rates (5% to 10% better) from other companies. My inquiry was for Botswana. They may be more competitive in other countries.

But I do like their site for ballpark estimates of how much accommodations will cost.
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 07:26 PM
santharamhari

I did travel thru Greenlife to Kwando in December, 2005. They are very very efficient, very responsive.....i can't comment on, if they can give you the best possible pricing, but they are very top notch (in service).

They even go to the extent of booking flights (example, Joburg to Maun etc etc) and take the time to try and organize visas, if required.