Safari & Traveling around Southern Africa - Options?

Dec 13th, 2000, 02:15 PM
Vance

Safari & Traveling around Southern Africa - Options?

I have free tickets to/from South Africa, and am trying to figure out how to arrange a safari, a trip to Victoria Falls, and flights between those places.

My wife & I will be there for approx. two weeks, probably in March 2001.

My ideal itinerary would be:
Fly to Capetown - say 4 days
Safari in Botswana - say 6 days
Fly to Victoria Falls - say 3 days
Fly home.

Since I'll be taking care of flights to/from, and presumably arranging Capetown transport & accommodations, I'm wondering what my options are on arranging the rest. Will I need to book all my internal flights? Many of the tour companies include travel to/from the US or are Land-only packages. I'd like something in between, like a company that will book the flights and arrange the Safari.

I'd love to hear from anyone who's done something similar.

Since I need to book my flights ASAP, my main question at this point is if I should fly in & out of the same city (Johan, Capetown, Victoria Falls) or go for some combination. I've heard some of those flights can be expensive. Any ideas?

Once that's arranged, I'll have to start talking to tour companies to see how much of the rest they can arrange. Once again, any thoughts or info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Vance

Dec 13th, 2000, 08:32 PM
john lowery

Hi Vance, We are planning a Honeymoon for June 2001 we have used Trans African Safaris. They are one of the oldest safari travel agents in
South Africa and were recently bought by Avis Car Rental Company. There information is as follows
11 Tokai Business Park
13a Keyser River Drive
CapeTown South Africa 7945

Tel: (27-21) 713 2063
Fax: (27-21) 713 2070
WWW.TRANSAFRICASAFARIS.COM
You should check out there web site they have some preplanned tours but they worked with us via email to put together our land and air travel within Africa. I booked our international tavel with a consolidater see the message topic cheap airfare for there phone number. Our itentary is also listed in subject message south african honeymoon below. Have a great trip.

Jan 8th, 2001, 04:11 AM
Riche

Dear Vance
I am South African and we are safari/tour operators in Africa.
Please visit our website at: www.tourism.to
I can assist you with your plans but please write to me directly so that we can plan the perfect safari for you
Best wishes
Riche du Plessis

Feb 10th, 2001, 03:49 AM
EWDWIN GILHAM

You could try Africa Deluxe Tours - they go for custom tailor-made tours
Their web address is www.afrilux.co.za
Rennies Travel at www.renniestravel.co.za would also be able to advise you

Search this Thread