Safari 2 Africa--honeymoon trip

Aug 19th, 2005, 12:13 PM
Original Poster

Safari 2 Africa--honeymoon trip

Has anyone used Safari2Africa as their tour operator in South Africa? I just want to make sure that the prices they charge are reasonable and that everything went smoothly during the trip. Also, any advice on whether Londolozi tree camp or singita is better for honeymooners? also, is two nights in Kruger enough or do we need three?
Aug 19th, 2005, 03:32 PM

Three nights would be much preferred. However, if you commit to a fourth night, you may be able to qualify for a CCAfrica (Londolozi) special that gives you the fourth night for free.

I do think that the best value in the Sabi Sand may be Londolozi Bateleur, providing you are able to get the fourth night free.

The camps that would be atop my list for a honeymoon in the Sabi Sand are as follows:

1. Singita ($2,350 per night)
2. Londolozi Tree ($2,350 per night and not included in the CCAfrica stay 3 night get 4th night free special)
3. Mala Mala Sable Unit (these are newer chalets in its own private area in Mala Mala and no children are permitted)(about $1500 per night)

There are other very intimate looking lodges like Dulini, Leadwood and Ulusaba, but these are in busier parts of the Sabi Sand, whereas you will enjoy more exclusivity at each Singita, Londolozi and Mala Mala.

There are other good options out there like Simbambili (very nice accomodations with your own private plunge pool in an area celebrated for its leopards). About $850 per night.

I do think the length of time is more important the price/luxury of the lodge. You will get plenty of luxury at a place like Simbambili, so if you had the opportunity to do four nights at Londolozi Bateleur or only two nights at Singita or Londolozi Tree Camp, then I would without a doubt go with the four nights at Londolozi Bateleur.
Aug 22nd, 2005, 07:00 AM
Original Poster

Thanks! This is very helpful.

Search this Thread