SABLE MOUNTAIN LODGE

Nov 28th, 2005, 11:56 AM
Original Poster

SABLE MOUNTAIN LODGE

I will be traveling to Tanzania in February and meeting up with friends for a six day Safari including Serengenti, Lake Manyara, and Ngorongora. My friends will be leaving back to the States and I will be flying to Southern Tanzania solo and staying at the Sable Mountain Lodge. I was wondering if anyone has stayed there and what can I expect as a single woman. I am a little nervous about traveling solo and would love some feedback. Any info about Selous would also be great.

Very excited about my trip, have been dreaming about this for a long, long time.

Thanks!
Nov 29th, 2005, 11:27 AM

Hi Patriciasf,

Iíve never been to Selous but Iím planning going there Ė sometime in the future. Sable Mountain Lodge looks like a really nice place.

Iíve been to Kenya three times as a solo woman. The only gender specific ďproblemĒ youíll have is men asking you to marry them five minutes after saying hello. Although I believe that happens to men as well. Also, some people will express their concern that youíre not married and, especially, that you have no children. Maybe you do have children and then you can just tell them that. Otherwise itís an excellent occasion to ask some nosey questions yourself. Iíve had some minor mishaps, but they would have happened to me even if I were a man accompanied by four wives.

I hope someone will tell you something about Selous.

Safari njema

Search this Thread