SAA free add-on

Mar 3rd, 2005, 05:52 PM
Original Poster

SAA free add-on

How does the free add on for South Africa Airways work? Is is only for business class or award travel? Can you use it for a trip later in the Africa?

The information below is from an earlier post:
I would try www.awardplanner.com. They are surely the experts on a matter like this. I used them to help me procure business class seats between London and Joburg, and with their help I was able to get a free add-on business class flight between Joburg and Lusaka, a 2.5 hour flight that would have cost $400 each for ECONOMY seats.
Mar 3rd, 2005, 06:34 PM

Silvia,

I believe that post belonged to me.

The "free" add-on flight is only for a frequent flier ticket. It allows you to have a free regional flight to anywhere SAA flies in addition to your international flight. The only catch is that it cannot be an open-jawed flight.

For example, I was considering, for my free add-on flight, a flight from Joburg to Victoria Falls and from Lusaka to Joburg, but I was denied this flight, as it is considered an open jaw ticket. However, had I been willing to forfeit any nights in Joburg, SAA would have allowed me to do this, but since I wanted to spend a couple nights in Joburg and 3 nights in the Sabi Sand, I had to modify things.

Instead, I will have to fly Joburg - Lusaka - Joburg. This took away any possibility of going to Victoria Falls this year, as my Zambian safari is already very expensive, as I am really flying around a lot, mostly in chartered planes once inside Zambia.

So, with your miles, either Delta Skymiles or SAA Voyager Miles, you can get one free add-on flight to anywhere SAA flies in Southern Africa...Victoria Falls, Hoedspruit (for the Sabi Sand Game Reserve), Cape Town, Namibia, Malawi, etc.

The flight must be used during the time that you are already in Africa for your international flight, and not saved for a later date.
Mar 3rd, 2005, 07:08 PM
Original Poster

Thank You Rocco - just the information I needed. Unfortunately, I'm way too short on ff miles, so I'll have to save this info for another trip

Search this Thread