SA Trip Itinerary

Apr 19th, 2005, 07:29 AM
hut
Original Poster

SA Trip Itinerary

We have about 10 days in SA next May (2006), following 2 weeks of safaris in Zambia. Does anyone have any suggestions on itinerary or cheap hotels/good hostels in the area. We want to spend a couple days in Capetown and then travel along the Garden Route. However, we've read mixed things about where to make our stops on the way. Also, what's the word on Johannesburg? One minute we hear it is extremely dangerous and the next it's a definite stop. Any thoughts/comments are appreciated.
Apr 26th, 2005, 01:57 PM

If you're looking at hostel type accommodation I would definitely recommend the Baz Bus (www.bazbus.co.za) they have a great ticket for travelling at your own speed from Cape Town to Durban along the Garden Route. They drop you at the door step of some of the best hostels in the country. There website is very good for that kind of planning too.

Jo'burg can be dangerous, but there are places that you can stay that you'll be safer than others (Sandton, Melville, Rosebank). It's worth the trip - even if only for a few days.

I'm from Durban originally - so I always recommend it. There are also some great places to stay in the Drakensburg.
Apr 26th, 2005, 02:20 PM

hut,

I just want to secodn Binkieloo's advice which I believe is excellent The Baz Bus (http://www.bazbus.com/) is really the way to go if you want to "hostel-stay" your way though the areas you speak of. Binkieloos advice about Jhb is also pretty good in my opinion.

Enjoy our country when you visit us.

Very proudly part of the wonderful nation of South Africa

Search this Thread