SA Shark Cage Diving

Nov 2nd, 2005, 01:01 PM
Original Poster

SA Shark Cage Diving

Has anyone done the shark cage diving in near Cape Town in February? I've read that the water is actually colder and murkier at that time of year, even though it's summer, so the dive isn't as good.
Nov 2nd, 2005, 02:43 PM

I went last in August, and the water was FREEZING, but clear.

Can't eomment on February, but if that's the only month you have available, well, then that's the only month you have available.

Not sure if you're looking for a recommendation, but I went with White Shark Ecoventures, and they were great.

Michael
Nov 3rd, 2005, 04:32 AM
sandi

We (rather my partner) did the shark cage diving in November. Cold, yes, very cold water. You knew it would be the minute you felt the wetsuit which was heavier than those provided in the Caribbean or Hawaii.

Yes, I was told the water was murky as evident from the pictures taken under water. However, if that's the only time you have - I'd go for it.

It's quite an adventure, even if you don't go down in the cage and only take pictures from on board the boat.

Dec 26th, 2005, 01:49 PM

Sandi or others,
How many sharks did you see from the boat? What were they doing? I am trying to decide if shark viewing is something I should do if I plan on remaining on board. Thanks

Search this Thread