SA Itinerary thoughts

Nov 23rd, 2004, 08:15 AM
Original Poster

SA Itinerary thoughts

I'm in the midst of planning a 13 night August 2005 trip to SA. I've done some research and have a tentative plan and was hoping to get some feedback or alternative suggestions from all of you. So, here it is.

Arrive JNB, fly to Durban, rent car:
2 Nights Durban
2 Phinda Forest
2 Bongani
2 Unreserved (High hopes for a Kruger property through MTBeds or escarpment property) (Return Car)
3 Elephant Plains
2 Inyati
Fly to JNB & home

I know that there are areas that are more highly recommended by some on these boards (Cape Town, Zambia, Zimbabwe, etc.). I'm not sure at this point if I'll be travelling alone or not (so I need to consider single supplements, transfer costs for one, etc.) And, I lived for a little while (a long time ago) in Cape Town and for even less time in Harare. So, I'm looking to spend time in an area I haven't spent as much time in.

My budget is moderate (can't belive I'm saying that - remember the days of backpacking through Europe on $25 dollars a day?). Phinda Forest is in the itinerary primarily because of the chance to see cheetah & since it is CCAfrica, no single supplement! An alternative would be great. Since I may be alone, the sightings are more important to me than the quality of the lodging.

Search this Thread