SA/Botswana Itinerary Booked!

Oct 28th, 2004, 03:38 PM
Original Poster

SA/Botswana Itinerary Booked!

I wanted to give you all a big shout of THANKS for your help in planning our September 2005 SA/Botswana itinerary. This is our first safari and we have been planning it, via this forum, for over a year.

Here's our schedule:
- Fly to/from Joburg using UA FF miles (Singapore Airlines biz class from NY to Frankfurt, Lufthansa 1st class from Frankfurt to Joburg)
- 1 ni. Grace or Michelangelo (tbd)
- 2 ni. King's Pool (waitlisted for Mombo)
- 2 ni. Jao
- 1 ni. Sun Intercontinental Hotel (Airport)
- 3 ni. Singita Ebony

I certainly wish we had more time - we would include the winelands and the falls. But this is all the time (and $$$) we had, so we decided to focus soley on the safari experience and save the rest for next time.

Thanks again, everyone. We're very excited!

Oct 29th, 2004, 06:56 AM

Ericka
Congrats on finalising the trip, I know you'll have a great time!
Nov 1st, 2004, 08:53 PM

Ericka,

Congratulations on finally booking your trip. Hopefully, something will open up at Mombo for you since that seems to be your first choice.

If something DOES open up at Mombo, will you drop King's Pool or will you drop Jao?

You are definitely doing this itinerary the right way by saving Singita (the best) for last.

I just may share an air transfer with you someway along the way, as it looks like I will also be in the area in September.

Personally, I am still up in the air whether it will be Botswana, Zimbabwe or Zambia. I am leaning towards a 9 night Zimbabwe package at CCAfrica and Wilderness Safari lodges, but if I can find an 8 night luxury mobile camp that doesn't break the bank, I may choose that option (3 nights Moremi, 2 nights in a water area of the Delta, 3 nights in the Linyati/Savuti area).

I am sure that you will have an amazing trip with the select lodges you have chosen, and you are at the right hotels for your stopovers, as well. Make sure you invest in a great camera for this trip, as you should have some amazing sightings.
Nov 2nd, 2004, 05:18 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the vote of confidence Roccco!

As you can see, we ultimately decided to focus more on the overall experience rather than budget. We can't say for sure whether we will ever make it back to Africa so we wanted to make sure it was special.

It would be great fun if we were to run into you (and your family!) along the way. Keep in touch with your plans.

Search this Thread