SA and Botswana

Jun 8th, 2000, 07:02 PM
erica

SA and Botswana

Any suggestions on planning a trip to south africa and botswana. Is it wise to stay in Jo'burg and if so, what area. Is there a trip that has some hiking in sa, specifically in capetown and table mountain and tours the garden route. I am planning on going in Feb or Mar.

Jun 9th, 2000, 10:42 AM
mike

I was in SA and Botswana last fall and stayed in one of the suburbs of jo'burg prior to going to kruger. we stayed in rosebank, although i thought sandton square is much nicer. the michelangelo looked very nice and there is alot more to do at sandton (we had an afternoon and evening to kill).

You can hike all over the top of table mountain on your own, you take the cable car to the top and there are a bunch of hiking trails that traverse the entire top of the mountain.

Jun 19th, 2000, 08:16 PM
Lynda

I have been in South Africa for the past two years, and stayed in a backpackers place in Jo'Burg - felt completely safe. I have a great deal of information regarding travel in South Africa. I did one trip with two friends; we rented a car and drove all over, staying in mostly backpaper places and some B $ B's - very cheap. Last year I brought some friends from work there, and hired a guide for part of the trip. He was incredible. As for Botswana, I am going in October and have tons of information on a lot of different kinds/prices of tours. We are going to do a participation camping safari for about $85 a day. If you'd like more information, e-mail me at [email protected] or [email protected]

Search this Thread