Our Safari with Access 2 Tanzania

Old Aug 9th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Our Safari with Access 2 Tanzania

We recently returned from a trip to Tanzania and had an amazing experience with our safari company Access 2 Tanzania, and most of all our guide Willy! Admittedly, I had pretty high expectations for our trip. It's been something I had been looking forward to for many years, and hearing from others who had been there, it definitely had a lot to live up to. I'm happy to say that it exceeded all expectations and between Karen with Access 2 Tanzania who helped us plan the trip, and our guide Willy who made it a truly exceptional experience, I have nothing but high praise for both of them.

Since Access 2 Tanzania has a US office in addition to the Arusha office, it was very easy for us to plan the trip with Karen and talk with her on the phone about questions and other details as they arose. I felt that our questions were always answered and our needs were taken into account during the planning. Karen is very friendly and great to work with!

During the safari, our guide Willy was second to none. He has a true passion for what he does, and cares very much about the people, the wildlife, and embodies true stewardship. We found a groove with Willy that exists only with our closest friends at home, and we found ourselves laughing endlessly with him, singing songs, joking around, and learning and growing in each other's company. After meeting Willy, I quickly stopped thinking of him as our guide, and instead thought of him as a dear friend, showing us unbelievable sights in his home country.

Willy always paid attention to what we wanted to do and see each day, but we found that some of the best experiences were had by just leaving it up to his discretion. "No worries" (hakuna matata) was our philosophy, and it worked out perfectly. Willy is exceptional at spotting animals, and we were often the first or only ones to see some truly amazing scenes unfold. I felt that Willy focused on offering us the opportunity to have some unique and special experiences. From stopping at his favorite lunch spot near Arusha, to visiting a smaller orphanage to provide a perspective against a previous one we had visited, to recommending a visit to a small fishing village on Lake Victoria, he really provided a well rounded experience of Tanzania that I am so grateful for. Each of these stops were not on our original itinerary, but I'm so happy that he recommended them - they ended up being some of the most memorable times of our trip!

I would recommend Willy and Access 2 Tanzania wholeheartedly to anyone who is planning a trip. The hardest part was definitely saying goodbye to Willy at the end, but I'm so thankful we had the opportunity to go on safari with him. In his words, "never stop exploring!"
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 12:17 PM

It sounds like you had a fabulous safari. Thanks for sharing.
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 03:45 PM

Sounds like an advert to me, but at least a well written one unlike some which appear here.
Old Aug 10th, 2011, 06:33 AM

Same posted on TA! Along with another OPW (one post wonder), who also happened to have had Willy as their guide.
Old Aug 10th, 2011, 08:37 AM

Definitely an ad by Karen...er, Willy, er Josh. LOL
Old Aug 10th, 2011, 09:41 AM

Maybe they are a couple and had a really good trip.
Old Aug 10th, 2011, 01:01 PM

Both postings on TA, so maybe two couples and each posted. Or hubby/wife didn't know that the other did!
Old Jul 26th, 2012, 09:04 AM

Hi there, folks. Just saw this. Does sound like an ad. But if by ad you mean it was written by an owner or staff member of the company, it wasn't.