rwanda /botswana in Oct

Mar 14th, 2006, 09:27 PM
Original Poster

rwanda /botswana in Oct

we had planned our itinery below from 11th sept but was just informed can't get in so has rescheduled our dates

Mon 02 Oct - J'burg or similar 2 nights
Wed 04 Oct - fly JNB/Kigali
- Rwanda 3 nights gorrilas
Sat 07 Oct - Nairobi 1 night
Sun 08 Oct - Masai Mara 4 nights
Thu 12 Oct - J'burg 1 night
Fri 13 Oct - Chitabe 4 nights
Tue 17 Oct - Chobe 2 nights
Thu 19 Oct - River Club 2 nights
Sat 21 Oct - Cape Town 5 nights
Thu 26 Oct - fly CPT/J'burg/Syd/Mel

Our concern is the weather at that time. Clearly Sept was the best and that is why it is booked out. We need to decide to go in Oct or postpone and book for next Sept if the weather will be unbearably hot or wet in Oct. I realise can never predict for certain what it will be however would appreciate it if anyone has travelled to these areas in Oct for advice.
Thanks
Mooky
Mar 14th, 2006, 09:56 PM
santharamhari

Mooky,

I gather from your itinerary, that game-viewing is prime importance? September is very good, but October is even better for game viewing. Love your plans, except for a lot of hopping around.......i see you want to cover everything in one trip.

Botswana will be spectacular in October game-wise. If you are looking for cats, i would say Linyanti/Kwando instead of chobe. Since you are doing Chitabe, i would recommend doing either Duma Tau or selinda instead of Chobe. These camps will also have specacular elephant sightings just like Chobe at that time.......yes, it will be very hot.....but you wont notice it, when the game is as spectacular....

Mara should be good also, early October.......i dont know about Rwanda. You need to chk with others on this board........May i ask, what camp in the mara?

Hari

Search this Thread