Running small electric appliances in Kenya

Jul 4th, 2001, 01:02 PM
Lynn

Running small electric appliances in Kenya

Have been getting conflicting information on this - hope someone out there can help! Am leaving on a (Micato) safari on July 18. Would really love to have my hairdryer with me, but am wondering what your experiences are in using voltage converters and adaptor plugs. Do most of the lodges/tents use the English (3-pronged triangular plugs) - or will I run into difficulty? Some people say that "yes", it will be fine. Some say that "no" - don't bother. Thanks for your input.

Jul 5th, 2001, 09:12 AM
mg

Sorry, but I couldn't help think of that scene from "City Slickers" where the travel coffee grinder sets off a stampede. I know the African Cape Buffalo are not friendly even under normal circumstances...

Jul 5th, 2001, 11:39 AM
Barbara

We're going to Kenya in July on Tauck Tours. According to the information we received, voltage in the hotels is 220-240V. They suggest an electrical converter with adapter plug set. Socket configurations vary between 2 and 3 pronged varieties, so a full set of adapters is necessary. We purchased a set at Walmart for less than $20.

Search this Thread