Rufiji River Camp

Feb 13th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Original Poster

Rufiji River Camp

Well, I've been picking your brains now for a few weeks and I think we have deceided on the Rufiji River Camp in the Selous. Has anyone been there?
Feb 13th, 2007, 01:50 PM
sandi

If I recall, you'll be traveling in June... are you sure Rufiji is open when you plan to travel; many camps don't open till mid-month. Also, the grasses will be high, and in a park where game is widely dispersed, game viewing will probably be even more challenging.

Feb 13th, 2007, 02:10 PM

Here's a trip report with a stay at Rufiji River in late June http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...4&tid=34649444
Feb 13th, 2007, 02:35 PM

Thanks Patty for listing the report. I am not so efficient.

mingxa, as I indicated the boat game drives to us were what really set off this park/reserve from the others. What a nice change of pace and the means to get close to both land and aquatic wildlife. As Sandi commented, game viewing while on game drives was a bit more challenging given the high grasses in some areas. Still, we enjoyed the Selous.
Feb 14th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Original Poster

Tanzania adventures is ready to book me so I assume they are open. thanks for the link..what a great trip report. And that was late June and I was planning on early June.